Shand Thomson has a structured recruitment system which ensures that all job applicants are treated fairly and consistently during each stage of the recruitment process.
It is our practice that all applicants:
- complete an application form (PDF Download)
- submit a curriculum vitae
- enclose a covering letter written in their own handwriting
- provide copies of NCEA results, academic transcripts and relevant certificates
- may be provided with a job description upon request (contact Maree Milligan on 03 4180020)
The information we request via the application form is not required by Law but if insufficient information is provided to us then the application may not be considered.
The Shand Thomson selection process involves a two-tiered interview:
- First Interview
Applicants shortlisted and invited to attend the first interview should typically expect psychometric testing and an informal tea break during a 1hr-1.5hr timeframe.
- Second Interview
First round applicants are assessed and selected applicants are invited to attend an interview with two of the practices' principals.
If you have any questions or concerns about our recruitment system, the information requested on the application form, or the available positions, then please contact Maree Milligan on 03-4180020.
* Note: Applications will not be considered unless they are accompanied by a completed application form, copies of your relevant qualifications, a handwritten application letter and proof of NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.